Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks given by many today; H1N1 Vaccine still restricted; Shore Acres lights coming on tonight; and ride the bus to the Civil War.

It’s Thanksgiving…

A lot of people in the community are thankful for a wide variety of things… let's let them express their thanks themselves.
215 – “ I’m thankful for my horse Kia! // I am thankful for coffee to get me through the holidays. // What I have to be thankful for, I’m glad I’m part of the Kiwanian Club, I’m glad I have a wonderful husband and a wonderful son. And, I’m thankful that I have a lot of family members to spend thanksgiving with. // I’m glad that my kids are healthy and that I have a job. // I have a lot to be thankful for, but this year I’ll be thinking about my little dog Maggie who died on Monday at 14 ½ years, who gave me the best 14 years a dog could give any person. // I’m thankful for the friends that you call at 3:00 in the morning that show up at 3:15. // I am thankful for the wonderful community that I live in and the all the people that I’ve come to know through my shop and my incredible family. // I’m thankful that my son, who’s in Iraq right now is still safe and sound and will be coming home next August and hopefully will will stay safe..”

That's Joanna Grimmett, Kady Sneddon, Francie Post, Kathleen Wenzel, Lori Grimmett, Wren Smart, Jody Newby.

This is Coast Radio News… on Thanksgiving Day… more after this.

Since September First 1183 people have been hospitalized in Oregon with influenza-like illness and 49 people have died. But, says Oregon Public Health Division Director Dr. Mel Kohn, there are fewer cases now than there were a few weeks ago. The number of people diagnosed with flu-like symptoms is still high… about where it would be in a typical year he says. Private drug manufacturers continue to ship the H1N1 vaccine with another 137-thousand doses expected by Friday. That would bring the total number in Oregon to just under 665-thousand. Despite that number, the vaccine is still in limited supply and is being restricted to high-risk groups. H1N1 vaccine is administered in the Florence area by PeaceHealth Medical Group. They have a dedicated phone line for inquiries and appointments… 902-6057.

More than 275-thousand lights will be turned on at four this afternoon as the 23rd annual Holiday Lights Show at Shore Acres State Park west of Coos Bay gets underway. For several weeks now volunteers have been stringing mostly LED lights and creating colorful displays in what was once a private botanical garden of a lumber baron. The lights will be on every evening from four to ten pm through New Year’s Eve and are expected to shine on close to 50-thousand visitors. There’s no cost for the show, but there is a day-use fee for access to Shore Acres State Park.

Taking a look at Coast Radio Sports…

The transportation company that makes sure Washington Husky fans get to and from their games in Seattle will handle the shuttles for next Thursday’s Civil War in Eugene. The University of Oregon and Lane Transit District have struck an agreement with OC&W Coachways to provide shuttles to and from the December Third game. Lane Transit District usually runs those, but will be operating their normal weekday schedule. Fans that use the bus to get to Saturday games will need to check locations and schedules. Instead of 11 park and ride locations there will only be five, plus a new one: the Lane County Fairgrounds; Symantec; Valley River Center and Valley River Inn; and on Willamette between tenth and 11th Streets. A new location, at the Eugene Christian Fellowship on Game Farm Road will be added just for this game. Round trip fares will be $3 per person and busses begin running four hours prior to the 6pm kickoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment